Friday, October 24, 2014

rith liom

rith liom - I run.

My former sister-in-law was running the 2013 Boston Marathon when the bombs went off.  My brother and 2 nieces were heading towards the finish line to see her when all hell broke loose.

It was at that moment I decided I wanted to become a runner. 

I took a year before I actually became one. 

But now, I am a runner.  I have run 6 5k's this year.  I ran 4.5 miles for the One Run for Boston.  I failed a BoldrDash obstacle course.

But I still run.

After meeting with the cardiologist, of course he went over my history and current activities.  When I mentioned running, his response was "Keep running.  Don't try to run faster.  Don't try to overdo it.  Just run.  It's the best thing you can do for your heart". 

So I do.  I will.  I am a runner.  Sometimes the runs are good, and sometimes they are bad.  But every mile is better than a mile I didn't do.  I found a group of people that accept my extra-slow running speed and invite me anyway.  So I will run.  For my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment